Discounted Galapagos Trips to Raise Money for Social Programs.
These tours are being sold for less than the normal rate and we will use the proceeds help social programs on two continents!
Being socially responsible companies, Galapagos Adventures, Andean Travel Company and Latin Trails strive to not only provide the highest quality of services to our clients who want to enjoy the natural wonders of the Galapagos Islands but we also try to do whatever we can to “give back” to both the environment that we love and to the people who help us protect it. Therefore Galapagos Adventures, Andean Travel Company and Latin Trails have teamed up to raise money for social programs by selling two spaces on two Galapagos cruises and using the revenue from these sales to support a number of social programs to help our local communities.
Tour # 1 – Provided by Latin Trails
A 4 day/3 night cruise on the Latin Trails’ luxury catamaran yacht the “Seaman Journey” for 2 people for the discounted rate is $2250 per person. The tour can be upgraded to the Sea Star Journey or extended to a longer trip for an additional fee.
This cruise must be taken by the end of 2019 and is subject to blackout dates.
This tour has been SOLD.
(click on the photo for details about the yacht)
Tour # 2 – Provided by Andean Travel Company
A 5 day/4 night cruise on on either the Galapagos Odyssey or the Treasure of Galapagos for 2 people for a discounted rate of just $2875 per person. The tour must be taken before Dec 15, 2018. The tour can be extended to a longer trip for an additional fee.
This tour has been SOLD.
Treasure of Galapagos
List of beneficiaries;
Money to help maintain a park - Guayaquil, Ecuador
Money to help develop a local park - Lake Toxaway area, N.C.
Funding for food and supplies for several local animal shelters.
Food for a homeless shelter in S. Florida
San Francisco-Marin Food Bank
Brevard Music Center – Brevard, N.C
TC Henderson School of Science and Technology – Lake Toxaway, N.C
Florida Atlantic University High School - Boca Raton Fl.
Hurricane relief for the victims of Harvey, Irma, and Maria
Money for a program to help children in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
For descriptions of these programs - please see "Donations"
1. The dates of all tours are subject to availability. Please ask us to check the availability of specific dates before purchasing one of these tours. Holiday periods (Christmas, New years, Easter and Spring break) are blacked out.
2. This is NOT a contest and purchasing the space is NOT a charitable contribution. The person purchasing this Galapagos tour is simply buying a tour from Galapagos Adventures at a price below the normal retail price of the tour. Galapagos Adventures is using the proceeds from the sale to support educational and/or social programs which we believe in supporting. Use of the funds is at the sole discretion of Galapagos Adventures.
3. The cruise includes the accommodations on board the yacht in a double occupancy cabin, guided tours of various sites within the Galapagos National Park lead by professional guides, the use of snorkeling equipment, and all meals while on board. Sodas and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase. Crew and guide tips are not included in the price paid for the space. These cruises can be expanded to a longer cruise by paying the difference in price.
4. Tours must be paid for in full at the time of purchase. Tours are non-refundable BUT may be transferable to others with the approval from the yacht's office in Ecuador (which usually is not an issue).
5. There is a 3% processing fee for credit card payments. Please make sure you understand the total cost of touring Galapagos before making an offer to purchase this tour. The price paid for the tour does not include any of the incidental expenses associated with ANY tour to Galapagos. For a list of these expenses, click on “incidental expenses” under the “trip planning” dropdown menu at the top of this page. Galapagos Adventures will advise and assist the people who purchase these tours with all aspects of their tour just as we would for any other client. Payment for any incidental expenses purchased through Galapagos Adventures will be due 90 days prior to departure.
About the sponsors;
Galapagos Adventures - is a tour operator that has specializing in organizing tours to the Galapagos Islands for over 27 years. The company was founded by biologist and science educator Ken Weemhoff. Ken is avid scuba diver who helped to start the Galapagos dive industry in the early 1990s. He currently spends his summers in Lake Toxaway, NC and his winters in Boca Raton FL.
Andean Travel Company, is an Ecuadorian based tour operator for Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands. Their commitment is to provide extremely high quality travel services by understanding the exact needs of the client in order to create unique lifetime experiences. Their passion for their country along with an in-depth knowledge and an innovative spirit has made ATC specialists in archaeology, wildlife, culinary tours, community based encounters, multi adventure trips, birding, agro tourism, incentive travel and special interest. They are the operators of a number of yachts in the Galapagos islands including both the catamaran Treasure of Galapagos and the v-hulled Odyssey.
Latin Trails, with more than 20 years of experience in the tourism industry, is an Ecuadorian based company that specializes in tailor made tours throughout the South American. They are the operators of 2 luxury class power catamaran yachts - Sea Star Journey and the Seaman Journey which operate in the Galapagos Islands.